Justify your Energy Efficiency Projects - Energy Savings, Incentives and Tax
This presentation is designed to explain building tax incentives from the Energy Policy Act (EPAct 179D), new HVAC repair regulations, and cost segregation. We will discuss how building owners and managers can strategically use the above-mentioned incentives to significantly decrease the amount of time it takes to recoup their investment on building equipment, particularly those items related to the energy systems in the building.
1. Review the current tax incentives related to energy efficiency
2. List current tax incentives related to 1 for 1 HVAC replacements
3. Name current tax incentives related to new buildings and real estate transactions
4. Label legislative update on existing and proposed tax incentives related to buildings
5. Understand mandates and statutory timelines: How to use mandatory benchmarking, building code and timeline expiration to provide an appropriate sense of urgency for your building's capital project
Start Time: 3/7/2017 10:00:00 AM
End Time: 3/7/2017 10:50:00 AM
Jacob Goldman, LEED AP
Energy Tax Savers, Inc.
Room Number: 337